1. What is a GPS Tracker?
A GPS tracker is an electronic tracking navigational device which is generally powered by or utilises the global positioning satellite system to track the location of a vehicle in real-time, be it a person, car or any other locomotive for that matter.
The GPS tracking device is usually integrated into the vehicle or carried by a person so that the latter can be tracked accurately. The location which is recorded onto the device is transmitted via cellular or satellite modem embedded in the tracker.
2. What makes up a GPS Tracker?
Based on the type, a GPS tracking device can have or omit modules depending upon the usage requirement.
Broadly, GPS trackers are broken down into 5 categories, namely:
- Data Loggers: These devices log the position or the location coordinates of the device on the internal memory that can be later accessed through downloadable data.
- Data Pushers: These devices are the most common type of GPS trackers widely used. These devices usually transmit the data in the form of location, along with information about other on-board diagnostics to a designated server at regular intervals.
- Data Pullers: Unlike data pushers, data pullers are always on and can transmit data as often as one wants to. Data pullers are more commonly used in conjugation with tracking devices with a GPS receiver module and a cellular network that can be triggered by sending a message wirelessly to it.
- Convert GPS Trackers: These are your regular GPS trackers being put to use in everyday life. The only catch here is that these trackers are designed in a particular manner so that they mimic regular objects.
- Vehicle OBD GPS Trackers: OBD GPS trackers can be easily plugged into the on-board diagnostics of a vehicle. The tracking unit is powered by the obd unit present on the vehicle. Additionally, OBD GPS trackers communicate with other sub-systems of the on-board diagnostics to obtain data about vehicle performance, fuel consumption among other things.
3. What type of GPS trackers does Keotrack offer?
Keotrack houses 4G ready GPS tracking devices which offer fuss-free pure plug & play experience for your personal vehicle tracking.
We offer 30 day ret
With Keotrack pulse GPS trackers, you get:
- Live GPS Tracking
- Vehicle Alerts & Notifications
- Digitised Logbook History
We offer 30 days return on car GPS tracker hardware. The long-life, extended battery life of the tracker comes from the high-quality parts used in manufacturing. We offer great devices with sim cards, mobile app.
Swift integration with google maps, better than a standard 3G GPS tracker. Add ons include geo-fence tech that generally finds application in heavy-duty fleet management. All these features can quickly be accessed by a phone app on your ios or android device.
If you are looking for commercial vehicle tracking or complete end-to-end fleet tracking and management solutions, please get in touch with our telematics consultant at Linxio to learn more about our business fleet offerings and solutions.